The first, Infrastructure as a Service, requires you tighten the integration and management interface and the integration pathways via strict SLAs and service contracts that drive both the infrastructure usage patterns, infrastructure management and billing.
It has to be Extensible, Scalable and Flexible and it has to have the level of reliability that we have come to expect with services such as email, Google maps etc.
- Are there any standards that govern these concepts?
- What if any principles and tenets apply to the building of a Platform?
- Do you treat this as just a technology choice or is this about using the technology to deliver the Platform capabilities?
- How do you insure that the constraints of the technology are not becoming the limiting factor to your Platform?
- How do you build the Platform so that you are in a forever beta mode without it becoming an onerous Platform management process?
- What are some of the key concepts you would want to establish as ground rules or concrete principles so that the basic premise of the Platform is not broken over the multiple iterations?